Air Deep Fryer: Air fryer vs Deep fryer
Air fryer vs Deep fryer
In this modern era, many new kitchen appliances have been released that has helped the people to cook food effortlessly. With the coming up of air fryers and deep fryers, people have found it easy to cook delicious dishes because they do not have to stay close to the gas stove until the food is fully prepared. People have to just pour the ingredients in a bowl and set the timer. A fryer will automatically cook the food and inform the user, once the meal is ready.
Air fryers and deep fryers are quite similar to each other because both the kitchen appliances are responsible for cooking delicious regular food dishes with an appropriate amount of crispness. However, there is a lot of difference between the methods used by these appliances. Deep fryers use a lot of oil to cook food, whereas air fryers are capable of cooking with a single tablespoon of oil.
Air fryer vs Deep fryer: Taste
If you are a little conscious about your health and want to enjoy delicious fried food with a delightful taste and crunchy exterior, then you must prefer an air fryer over a deep fryer. An air fryer will help you to enjoy fried food with similar taste and crunchiness level, without using a lot of oil.
Do the fries taste deep-fried?
“Look – nothing is going to replace that deep-fried taste, so no, they don’t,” said Ramsay honestly.
“But, the Airfryer uses a tablespoon of oil and the chips come out crisp on the outside and tender on the inside – they’re a healthier version, and they taste great.“
If you are looking for a deep fryer or an air fryer, then you need to first set up your budget and keep important factors in mind before making a purchase. You should compare the features, specifications, price, and other important aspects before finalizing any model.
If you are not able to choose between a deep fryer and an air fryer, then check out the comparison of these two popular kitchen appliances mentioned below:
Healthiness: Best oil for deep frying
Everyone loves to eat traditional fried food dishes because of their delectable taste. Consumption of fried foods is not good for health as intake of more oil can lead to severe health hazards such as high cholesterol.
- With the coming up of fryers, people were able to enjoy traditional fried foods without increasing the risks of health hazards. Air Deep Fryer are considered as the healthiest cooking appliance as they are able to deliver perfect results, i.e. the appropriate amount crunchiness and crispness without using a lot of oil.
- Many people think that deep fryers are not at all healthy because they use a lot of oil for deep frying. This myth is partially correct as deep fryers first use a large amount of oil for cooking, but later on removing all the oil from the dish. Thus, deep fryers also offer a healthy and delicious fried food dish.
- Air fryers are a little better than the deep fryers in terms of healthiness because they do not use a single drop of oil for cooking fried dishes. The air fryers use hot air to cook food.
- If you are looking for an air fryer, then you must prefer a model that uses rapid air technology for cooking meals. This technology uses the hot air to provide the exact amount of heat required to cook a mouthwatering fried food dish.
Rapid air technology (Oil less fryer how does it work) is not only helpful in reducing the usage of oil, but is also helpful in preparing a healthy meal. This technology makes sure the hot air released from the appliance is equally distributed to each and every part of the food. So, the meal prepared by a fryer will be perfectly cooked and allow you to eat a healthy delicious meal.
Air fryer vs Deep fryer: Features
Performance of deep fryer and air fryer are totally dependent on its features. A fryer with better features will be able to cook more healthy and delicious food than a model with limited features.
- Most of the consumers only check the fryer features before making a purchase. Usually, the features of an air fryer and deep fryer are quite same as both the appliances comes with auto shut off/on feature, adjustable temperature settings, etc.
- The higher you pay for the appliances, the more features will be unlocked. For example, if you purchase a top model, then you will get access to different cooking modes, cooking pre-sets and many other useful features.
- Deep fryers are great for cooking traditional fried foods, but can leave an unpleasant odor if the food is overcooked. So, if you do not wish to deal with this bad experience regularly, then you should look for a model with auto shut off and odor control feature. These features will make sure the food is not overcooked and no unpleasant smell is left behind.
- Other features to look out in these popular kitchen appliances are digital timer, display screen, touch panel, display windows and the technology used. These features will make your job easier as you can easily operate the appliance with ease using these features.
- However, if you want to keep an eye on the whole cooking process, then you should look out for the models that are equipped with adjustable thermostat. Some fryers have display windows, which allow the user to have a look at the food, without opening a fryer.
The last important feature to be kept in mind is the power. Higher the power is, the faster you will be able to cook food. Some people think a model with more power will consume electricity, but actually it will help you to save a lot of money as you can save electricity by cooking meals quickly.
Size and cooking capacity
A size of a fryer will describe the quantity of food you can cook at one point of time. Air fryers are comparatively smaller in size as compared to deep fryers, because air fryers contents are required to be dipped in large amount of oil for completing the frying process.
Top 5 Deep fryer without oil Recommendation
- Philips HD9220/26 AirFryer with Rapid Air Technology, Black
- Philips HD9230/26 Digital AirFryer with Rapid Air Technology, Black
- Philips HD9240/94 Airfryer Avance, X-Large, Black
- GoWISE USA GW22621 4th Generation Electric Air Fryer w/ Touch Screen Technology
- GoWISE USA GW22611 GoWISE USA 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer
Since, air fryers are smaller in size, but it doesn’t mean that they have a low cooking capacity than deep fryers.
- Size is one of the important factors to be kept in mind before purchasing any model. If you do not consider this factor, then you might have to face some major consequences such as shortage of space to place the appliance on the kitchen top, not able to cook an appropriate amount of food for the family and many more.
- Air fryers come in different shapes and sizes. There are several models available in the industry that has a cooking capacity of 2 pounds of more. A cooking capacity of 2 pounds is more than enough to feed a family of four members. So, if you have 4 or more family members, then you should prefer to purchase an air fryer with at least cooking capacity of 2 pounds or more.
- If you are planning to purchase a fryer just for cooking snacks or smaller meals, then you must prefer an air fryer. A wide variety of air fryers are available, which allows you to pick the best one, which fulfills all your demand.
- People usually get confused, while selecting the size of a deep fryer. A deep fryer requires additional space for holding the food you are cooking. So, while selecting a deep fryer, check the overall size of the fryer as well as the exact cooking capacity. Most of the deep fryers currently available in the market are quite large and require a proper amount of storage space in the kitchen.
- Air fryers are the ideal choice of most of the people because of their compact size and huge cooking capacity. However, the new models of deep fryers are offering more cooking capacity than the air fryers, which is the main reason behind their rapid increase in popularity among the homeowners.
Fryers have witnessed a lot of changes in size over the past couple of years. Fryers are now offering 2 pounds of cooking capacity and that too with a compact size. Fryers now use multiple cooking baskets, which helps in reducing the fryer size and increasing the cooking capacity. Moreover, multiple cooking baskets allow you to cook two fried dishes simultaneously.
Maintenance and reliability
Aaprt from differnet features such as specifications, power, size and cooking capacity you should also consider points such as maintenance and reliability (How to cleaning air fryer?). After ever use of a fryer, you need to clean it thoroughly to make the appliance ready for another use. So, you should also take maintenance factor into consideration, before making a purchase.
- Everyone hates to clean the cooking appliances as it is quite time consuming. However, it is not the case for fryers because you can properly clean it within a quick period of time. All you need to do is to clean the cooking surface and the components after every use. Regularly cleaning the fryers will help you to properly maintain it and enjoy its amazing services for a longer period.
- One of the common problems faced by most of the owners of deep fryer is to clean the plastic components such as bowls, knobs because these components catch the excess amount of oil, which makes it tough for the user to clean it. This major issue is raised after the regular use of fryer for a couple of fryers. However, if you wish to stay away from this major problem, then you must clean the fryer after every use.
- Air fryers are quite easy to clean as compared to deep fryers because this appliance does not use oil for cooking dish. Since, there is no use of oil; a user does not have to face major problems such as sticky knobs. However, it doesn’t mean that you should not clean the air fryer because if you skip the maintenance part, then the appliance performance will go down and the chances of unpleasant smell arising from the model will also increase.
- So, check out the maintenance procedure of a model before making a purchase because some fryers involve a lengthy maintenance procedure. A long maintenance procedure will consume a lot of time, which might affect your daily life.
You must remember that you should not use a fryer immediately after cleaning to avoid a short electric circuit. You must wait for a few minutes, unless all the components of the fryer are fully dried.
These are some of the major differences between the two most popular kitchen appliances used for cooking healthy and delicious fried food dishes. Apart from the differences in terms of features, size, healthiness and maintenance, air fryers and deep fryers share a lot of similarities such as price, design and power.
Conclusion: Air Deep Fryer
Deep fryers are better than air fryers in some fields and in some fields, air fryers are better. However, both the fryers are equal in terms of performance and durability. The purpose of both the appliances is to prepare healthy and delicious fried food and these appliances have been able to fulfil its objective since its release.
From the differences mentioned above, you can easily conclude:
- Deep fryers are equipped with more exciting and useful features than air fryers. Deep fryer features adjustable heat control, removable oil tank, multiple baskets and many more superb features.
- Air fryers have a perfect size and storage capacity and are a great addition to a home kitchen. These can be easily placed on the kitchen top or shelves because of their compact size.
- Air fryers are able to cook more healthy meals because of the use of rapid air technology. This technology is great for perfect cooking and keeping the health hazards away.
- Air fryers are easier to clean and maintain than a deep fryer. Within a few minutes, air fryers can be properly cleaned.
So, keep these important points in mind before visiting a store to purchase a top rated fryer.
->Air fryer in many houses use more often than deep fryer
For sure by now, after reading all the good stuff about Air Fryers, you want to get one yourself. But what if the budget is a bit tight? Well, don’t worry, BIG DISCOUNTS are being offered for both deep fryers and Air fryers!
The different graphs below show the growth of Deep Fryers and Air Fryers.
The graph indicates that the search of the deep fryers rose around 2006, but sharply decreased in 2007. Fortunately, the search went up again later that year. Since 2008, the search of deep fryers in Australia fluctuated.
From the graph it is clear that the folks from Australia warmly welcomed the Air fryer in their kitchens. The search of discounted Air fryers in Australia shoot up when it was introduced in the market in 2011. Unfortunately, the search slightly decreased in the next two years. In 2014 up to the present the Air fryers search remained fairly static.
Moreover, the diagram reflects an inclination of Deep fryer purchases from 2008 up to present. However, statistics show that at one point in 2011 and 2014, Air fryers search have significantly exceeded that of deep fryers.
From 2007 up to the present, the search of deep fryers in the United Kingdom remained fairly unchanged. Meanwhile, the search of Air fryers increased significantly in 2012, a year after it was introduced to the market. Later that year up to the present, the search keep fluctuating.
In the United Kingdom, statistics show that citizens are generally inclined to purchasing deep fryers since 2006 up to present. A significant growth in Air fryer purchases, however, is noted at around 2012 and 2013.
As for the United States, the diagram indicates a significant difference between the search of deep fryers and Air fryers. That is, Americans are reported to be more inclined to purchasing deep fryers since 2004 up to the present.
Generally, search of deep fryers around the world are fluctuating up to this day. Air fryers search are also fluctuating since 2011, but are gradually increasing up to this year.
So, after knowing the facts about Air Fryers, why not grab one yourself? It’s HEALTHY, EASY COOKING for everyone! Best of all they give discounts! What more can you ask for? Get an Air Fryer today and start enjoying life!