How to use air fryer – Philips Airfryer Tips
Preparing fried food
Not stick to the basket
- add just a bit of oil to food
- oil sprays the bottom of the mesh cooking basket
Give enough space (using aluminium foil paper or parchment pap)
- trim to leave a ½ inch room around bottom edge of the basket
- Give foods plenty of space for the air to circulate
Pat foods dry (if they are marinated,cooking high-fat foods like chicken wings)
- avoid splattering and excess smoke.
- make sure to empty the fat from the bottom machine
Before cooking foods
Preheat the Airfryer
- sufficient time for approximately 3 minutes.
- reach the desired temperature.
- will increases cooking food time, causes sub-optimal results Don’t overcrowd.
- give enough space so that the air can circulate effectively
Pre-made packaged foods can be cooked in the Airfryer
- lower the conventional oven temperature by 70 degrees
- reduce the cooking time by half.
- times and temperatures will vary by food.
During cooking airfryer
Shake the cooking basket
- cooking smaller items just like croquettes, french fries, wings,…
- Shake it around a couple of times
- rotate them every five to 10 minutes ensure the food item is cooked equally.
Empty fat from the bottom
- foods that are naturally high in fat such as chicken wings
- often empty fat to avoid excess smoke.
After using airfryer
Clean the airfyer basket and the pan after each use
- If you not clean the air fryer – your kitchen smell like fried foods.
- to loosen any food particles that remain on the cooking basket (high-fat foods like chicken wings )
- soak the cooking basket in soapy water prior to scrubbing or placing in the dishwasher.
- add hot water,washing-up liquid in pan with the basket insite soak for 10 minutes
- clean with non-abrasive sponge or brush, scrub the basket bottom, clean the pan
Clean the outside and inside
- outside of the airfryer will not get greasy like a conventional deep fat fryer
- clean the outside with a moist cloth, inside with hot water and a soft sponge.
- clean the heating element with a soft to mediym bristle brush, after dry with paper towels. DO NOT use a steel wire brush or a hard bristle brush
Many other cooking methods
- Not for frying — it’s great for other healthy cooking methods like baking, roasting and grilling, …
Read more: How to cleaning air fryer: Philips airfryer